The Friday Five – National Nurses Month
HealthcareNOW Radio Nurses Playlist
We’ve compiled recent episodes across our HealthcareNOW Radio network that feature nurses and will continue to add to this playlist throughout the month of May, as ANA has expanded National Nurses Week from May 6-12 to the entire month.
Week 1: Self-Care Nurses Month 2020
The American Nurses Association (@ANANursingWorld) has declared 2020 the Year of the Nurse and all of May Nurses Month. Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation (@HealthyNurseUSA) is participating in the first week of the month long celebration. Week 1 focuses on self-care. HNHN is a free nurse wellness initiative that is open to all. Nurse self-care is more vital than ever now as we face the COVID-19 pandemic and its accompanying stress, isolation, and anxiety. Nurses are encourage to send wellness messages, stories and tips using the hashtag #healthynurse.
Remarks from American of Academy of Nursing’s President Eileen Sullivan-Marx
Happy #NursesDay! This #NursesMonth, President @EileenSullivanM shares remarks to celebrate nursing’s continued commitment to care (esp. in light of #COVID19) during the @WHO International Year of the Nurse & Midwife. View here: https://t.co/DoZSMWlOgV
— American Academy of Nursing (@AAN_Nursing) May 6, 2020
- Here’s a list of Freebies and Discounts for National Nurses Week 2020 from AJC Pulse Magazine (@AJCHealthcare) Healthcare and wellness news from The Atlanta Journal-Constitutions.
- From Dunkin, Chipotle, Krispy Kreme and more check out these 13 food freebies health care workers can get for National Nurses Week as a thank-you to front-line workers.
- If you are a US-based Nurse, you can register for Headspace Plus for free through the end of the year.
- Talkspace is Donating Free Therapy to Medical Workers Fighting COVID-19
- Need new sneakers? Adidas and Nike are offering discounts!
- Parade (@ParadeMagazine) lists 30+ discounts freebies and deals to celebrate the work and dedication of nurses worldwide.
HealthcareNow Radio’s Nurses Q & A
Nurses are working around the clock as they combat the coronavirus pandemic. Thank you for all you are doing. Hear from nurses around the country who are working on the frontline. They answer some of the most frequently asked questions that people are asking during the COVID-19 global pandemic.