Three Health IT Innovation Trends to Watch in 2023, with Mayur Yermaneni
A Conversation with Mayur Yermaneni, MBA, MS
Mayur Yermaneni, MBA, MS, EVP of Strategy, Innovation and Growth, AssureCare
Mayur Yermaneni, MBA, MS, serves as the EVP of Strategy, Innovation and Growth at AssureCare. He is a twenty plus year health IT industry veteran with experience across payor, provider and medical device sectors. Prior to joining AssureCare, Mayur served as the chief strategy officer at Blue Health. With specific expertise in AI, machine learning, strategy and leadership, Mayur has a unique perspective on population health, analytics and medical management.
Listen to the Conversation
- While many remain skeptical about the progress of risk-based contracts and value-based care in general, I believe 2023 will see demonstrable gains in the industry’s transition away from fee-for-service and towards performance-based reimbursement.
- The core technologies needed to succeed include advanced population health and care management platforms with a trend towards healthcare organizations consolidating the number of technology vendors they use to support value-based care.
- Pharmacists are becoming important community care providers as their services became billable and technology expands to fully integrate retail pharmacist documentation into the EHR.
- Physician burnout and other staffing factors also support pharmacists as helpful, adjunct providers in the community. They’re also the last mile to patients at home and now have care coordination technology to keep them connected.
- The use of smart devices in the home will increase and take up a much bigger footprint in healthcare. Voice-activated devices such as Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home can help payers manage member care and providers ensure proper follow-up. At end of day, the goal is to automate proper scheduling of an appointment or other services using smart call connections.
Senior Partner, Health Information Lead
LinkedIn: Beth Friedman
About the Show
FINN Voices amplifies the power of health innovation to improve people’s lives. Hosted by health experts from FINN Partners, each episode offers a peek behind the curtain of innovation with healthcare’s leading changemakers. We talk about their ideas and challenges along the way; continually shaping critical conversations and answering the most important questions in healthcare today. Follow the show’s hashtag #FINNvoices.
On the radio weekdays at 7am, 3pm, and 11pm ET.