Power Press Award Winners at HLTH
Distinguished Journalists, Analysts and Influencers Unite with Health Leaders at HLTH
Excellence in health reporting was celebrated at the first annual Power Press Awards held at HLTH (@HLTHEVENT), the mega-meeting where leaders from throughout the health ecosystem gather to share innovation, outline challenges and set a course how innovation can make its greatest impact on care. The Power Press Awards Gala gathers leading media, health-sector executives, technology experts and startup innovators.
On hand to acknowledge their media colleagues were some of the great news drivers that have demonstrated how innovation and information can change the trajectory of global health. Representatives included: Bloomberg, CBS, CNBC, Fast Company, Forbes, Gartner, Healthcare Dive, Medscape, Politico, STAT, WIRED, and other major outlets in healthcare reporting to celebrate award-winning journalism. HLTH is a leading healthcare innovation conference and brings together more than 6,100 attendees seeking to solve the most pressing problems facing health today and mobilize around promising opportunities to advance patient care.
“As the health sector grows increasingly complex, media are magnets connecting ideas and those seeking innovation to improve people’s lives,” said Dennis Dailey, publisher of mHealth Times and founder of the Power Press Awards. “Recognizing reporters’ life-changing and fact- checking work is vital at a time when there is an abundance of information that overwhelms consumers. This event celebrates media who are reporting across the health sector.”
The Power Press Awards Gala spotlights the exceptional work of attending members of the press. Award categories recognize excellence in reporting in high-interest areas such as health technology, healthcare delivery, chronic conditions, rare diseases, mental and behavioral health, healthcare business, and healthcare disruptors. HLTH, mHealth Times and corporate sponsors Livongo, Olive, Finn Partners, Manifest MedEx and Catasys join together to ensure reporters, often at the hub of change, are acknowledged for their contributions.
The following individuals were awarded for their trailblazing impact on their respective area of coverage:
- Rebecca Robbins, STAT News Livongo Power Press Award for Excellence in Reporting on Chronic Condition Management Chronic conditions impact more than half of the US population. This award recognizes excellent reporting on preventative care and condition management related to chronic conditions.
- Bradford Holmes of Gartner, Inc. Power Press Award for Excellence in Reporting on Healthcare Business For excellent reporting on the business side of healthcare – the issues, people, programs and processes that impact access to safe, effective and cost-efficient care.
- Roxy Todd, NPR’s Inside Appalachia Power Press Award for Excellence in Reporting on Rural Healthcare Issues For excellence in reporting on issues, care delivery, and technology that specifically impact rural populations in the United States.
- Logan Plaster and Unity Stoakes, StartUp Health Magazine Power Press Award for Excellence in Reporting on Healthcare Disruptors For excellence in reporting on healthcare disruptors – individuals, ideas and innovations that are indelibly altering the future of health and medicine.
- Sharon Profis, CBS Interactive Catasys Power Press Award for Excellence in Reporting on Mental & Behavioral Health For excellent reporting on mental and behavioral conditions, overcoming stigma, treatment advances, and societal impact.
- Sarah Elizabeth Richards, WIRED Contributor FINN Partners ower Press Award for Excellence in Reporting on Rare Diseases Educating and raising awareness across the health ecosystem of diseases while reaching a wide audience and offering important patient perspective.
- Ruth Reader, Fast Company Manifest MedEx Power Press Award for Excellence in Reporting on Healthcare Delivery This award recognized excellent reporting on quality care, examining how healthcare providers advance patient safety, satisfaction and outcomes and ensure that all people have access to the best possible care.
- Lydia Ramsey, Business Insider Olive Power Press Award for Excellence in Reporting on Healthcare Technology Technology continues to revolutionize healthcare. This award acknowledged excellent reporting on technology and mhealth connecting and impacting patient care.
See more information on the Power Press Awards Gala.
The Power Press Awards Gala included a social media awareness campaign and Tweetathon for Momcology , a 501(3)(c) peer-to-peer support network for families impacted by pediatric cancer. To date, the Power Press Awards have generated more than 14 million social media impressions and have raised thousands of dollars for Momcology.
About Power Press Media
Power Press Award galas, held in conjunction with large conferences and trade shows, bring together media luminaries with highly curated groups of industry-leading companies and their top executives. Each event takes place in an upscale environment, with delicious food and drinks, ideal for informal networking and building working relationships.
HLTH is the leading event for healthcare innovation. The conference is an unprecedented, large-scale forum for collaboration across senior leaders from established payers, providers, employers, and pharma services, as well as from disruptive startups, prolific investors, representatives from government, academia, health associations, business groups, media, and industry analysts. The event is unique in creating a marketplace for the key stakeholders leading the dialogue and development of a new health ecosystem. HLTH’s mission is to be a catalyst to drive substantial reductions in health costs and dramatic increases in health quality.
The next HLTH conference will take place on October 11 – 14, 2020 at the brand new Caesars Forum in Las Vegas.