Neonatal Nurses Week
Neonatal Nurses Week, celebrated this week September 12 – 18, 2022, provides an opportunity to celebrate the hard work and dedication of neonatal nurses and APRNs. The contributions of these health care workers to the tiniest patients make a difference that lasts a lifetime for neonates and their families. Established in 2000 by the National Association of Neonatal Nurses (@NeonatalNurses), members of the neonatal community use this time to honor their nurse colleagues and show their pride in being a neonatal nurse.
Happy Neonatal Nurses Day to Our Own Nurse Lauren!
Happy Neonatal Nurses Day to our own Nurse Lauren, HealthcareNOW Radio’s content contributor for NursesNOW. Her passion for pediatrics led her to become a newborn/infant ICU nurse at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (@ChildrensPhila) and Temple University Hospital. Nurse Lauren, RN, is an avid gym goer and health advocate who enjoys improving the well-being of others through fitness and nutrition. Proud graduate of Drexel University’s College of Nursing and Health Professions (@DrexelCNHP) and Choate Rosemary Hall (@goChoate). Be sure to read Nurse Lauren’s Wellness Wednesdays posts.
NICU Now and NICU Heroes Podcast
With Hand to Hold’s (@NICUHandtoHold) podcasts, parents and NICU professionals can find the information and support they need, when they need it.
- NICU Now – The NICU Now Audio Support Series was produced especially for NICU parents. Each episode is designed to help parents understand and process the emotions, fears and questions related to their NICU journey. Parents can listen at the bedside, while pumping, or on the way to and from the hospital. Our podcast episodes are available to NICU parents where they need them, when they need them.
- NICU Heroes – Giving NICU professionals the tools and techniques to help them support families who are in crisis can help foster positive and trusting relationships between staff and the families in their care. The NICU Heroes podcast was created exclusively for NICU professionals, so they can better understand, support, and nurture the entire NICU family. Each episode is worth one contact hour of nursing continuing education.
“It’s not just the birth of the baby, it’s also the birth of the mother. Look at how much we take care of newborns. We should absolutely pay attention to new moms just as much.” -Lexi Losch, MA, LPC, NCC LISTEN NOW https://t.co/Fvsih7LYX6 #NICU #MentalHealth #MaternalMentalHealth pic.twitter.com/GimHNGyqI0
— Hand to Hold | NICU Babies, Parent Support (@NICUHandtoHold) August 16, 2022
Best Hospitals for Neonatology
US News and World Report recently reported fifty pediatric centers were ranked for care of fragile newborns. Breast milk at discharge, patient volume, infection rates in the NICU and other data collected from a detailed U.S. News clinical survey of children’s hospitals, produced 85 percent of each hospital’s score. The other 15 percent reflects nominations from pediatric specialists and subspecialists who responded to surveys in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and recommended the hospital for serious cases in their specialty. By the way CHOP, where Nurse Lauren works, is number 2 on the list!
NANN’s 38th Annual Conference: NAAN in Las Vegas
Learn, Lead, and Level Up with NANN in 2022! Join NANN live and in person in the heart of the Las Vegas strip or attend virtually for a new hybrid conference experience this year for its 38th Annual Conference, September 14-17, 2022. Once again held during Neonatal Nurses Week, NAAN celebrates the profession and learning, leading, and leveling up together! By the end of the conference, you’ll feel refreshed and inspired to make innovative changes that nurture you and transform your career and the care you provide.
— NANN (@NeonatalNurses) September 7, 2022