- This event has passed.
The Virtual Forty-First National HIPAA Summit
February 27 - March 1
February 27 – March 1, 2024
Information privacy and security have gone from seeming afterthoughts for many to front-page news that have grabbed the attention of the public and C-suites alike. Health information privacy and security is no exception. Government-led interoperability efforts seek to unleash the power of electronic health information, raising significant concerns about the limitations of HIPAA and potential loss of privacy and security of the information. The country tries to tackle a devastating opioid epidemic, shining a spotlight on the role that privacy of substance use disorder information should play in the epidemic. Health care sector and tech companies unite on projects to advance artificial intelligence, requiring the application of decades-old privacy laws to ventures that once seemed like science fiction.
The HIPAA Summit is the place to go to stay on top of all of this and more. You will receive practical information to improve compliance with HIPAA and other privacy and security laws governing health information. The HIPAA Summit will bring together current and former regulators from the Office for Civil Rights, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the Federal Trade Commission, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. You will hear from thought leaders and practitioners at some of the nation’s top health care systems and health plans. The HIPAA Summit will include sessions on HIPAA enforcement initiatives, new cyber security threats, opportunities to hear privacy and security officers share best practices, and lessons on what challenges are to come and how to tackle them.
They look forward to you joining them as they tackle today’s and tomorrow’s biggest healthcare privacy and security challenges together.
- Understand the basics of HIPAA, HITECH, ACA, and Cures laws and regulations, and the effect of healthcare reform on health information exchange.
- Obtain up-to-date information about recent changes to HIPAA regulations.
- Update covered entities and business associates regarding HIPAA requirements.
- Learn what HIT contractors and subcontractors must do to become compliant.
- Outline the next generation of privacy and security compliance strategies, and how these affect electronic health record adoption and interoperability.
- Provide current information on what you need to know about the OCR HIPAA program and tools you can use to prepare.
- Equip healthcare organizations with the knowledge and practical applications to achieve “audit readiness.”
- Learn security breach analysis and notification strategies, and understand encryption.
- Offer insights into HIPAA privacy and security compliance best practices.
- Understand the operational efficiency opportunities for providers and health plans supported by the operating rules.
- Analyze industry implementation of ICD-10 and operating rules, and articulate strategies for compliance.
- Learn about the operations efficiency opportunities for providers and health plans supported by the operating rules.
- Gain expertise in the evaluation, selection, certification and adoption of electronic health record systems.
- Anticipate operational issues and learn best practices in electronic health record implementations.
- Explain the current cybersecurity landscape in healthcare, including recent and emerging trends.
- Identify the risks posed to provider organizations by cyberattacks, and offer strategies for mitigating that risk.
- Prepare attendees for professional HIPAA privacy and security certification examinations.
Register by Friday, December 15, 2023 for Early Bird Registration Discount.
©2024 Answers Media Company, LLC