Democratizing Healthcare Data for Better Outcomes
Featuring: Chris Pace, Chief Digital Marketing Officer, Banner Health
Having access to healthcare consumer data can be a very effective way to increase the health of patients. However, it is frequently the case that data is isolated and not available to divisions such as marketing, service-line, or medical groups. When the correct data is available, health systems can customize their outreach to direct patients to the care they need and improve the overall quality of care.
Listen to Chris Pace, Chief Digital Marketing Officer at Banner Health, and Alan Tam, Chief Marketing Officer at Actium Health, as they discuss strategies related to digital front door, key performance indicators, and consumer engagement.
Listen to the Conversation
5 Key Takeaways:
- Make sure you have a holistic strategy across all consumer engagement channels such as digital / web, phone calls, and walk-ins. Get your local strategy and local listings nailed down. That alone can drive enough critical mass to get revenue stimulated while you’re building other strategies.
- Get your data in a situation where you can democratize it. Build out a CRM approach with a strong customer database and it will pay dividends for a long time, particularly with the loyalty channel. Once communication with your customers is consistent and relevant, you can then constantly drive the next best action. In addition, accessing customer data across different channels is key to optimizing patient experiences and marketing effectiveness.
- Measuring success includes defining OKRs, accessing the necessary data, and leveraging AI or other digital tools in combination with qualitative feedback. Make sure you have the data and proof points to show outcomes and ROI when presenting to leadership.
- The biggest lesson has been that it’s more than just technology. You need to have the people, process, and technology aligned for projects to be successful. It’s important to not get frustrated with perfection and instead focus on what your goal is. Try new things and if you make mistakes, learn from them, and then continue forward.
- Understand your audiences, segment your data, and double down on loyalty channels. The cost to deliver the next best action for existing patients is far cheaper, and more effective, than trying to find a net new acquisition. If you have enough critical mass in your market share, getting constant engagement with your consumers is going to be important, particularly with financial pressures growing.
Meet the Host
Chief Marketing Officer at Actium Health
LinkedIn: Alan Tam
As the Podcast Host for Hello Healthcare and Chief Marketing Officer at Actium Health, Alan is on a mission to help healthcare accelerate their digital transformation and advancement of the healthcare consumer experience. Through story telling and sharing insights from innovative healthcare leaders, Alan is hoping to drive meaningful impact and change to healthcare one conversation at a time.
About the Show
Consumer experiences, major disruptors, and AI tech are shaping healthcare for years to come. On Hello Healthcare, we dive deep on these issues with leaders who are driving change. We hope that their stories will drive you to demand or create a better future. Available to stream on all major listening platforms under Hello Healthcare Podcast and Healthcare NOW Radio.
Follow the show’s hashtag: #HelloHealthcarePod