Collaboration Around Data Information Innovation with Aneesh Chopra
A Conversation with Aneesh Chopra
Aneesh Chopra is the President of CareJourney, an open data service that helps providers, payers and pharma market leaders make smarter decisions in the move to value. He co-founded its parent company, Hunch Analytics, a “hatchery” incubating ideas that improve the productivity of health and education markets; served as the first U.S. Chief Technology Officer (’09-’12) and the fourth Virginia Secretary of Technology (’06-’09). His public service focused on better public/private collaboration as described in his 2014 book, “Innovative State: How New Technologies can Transform Government.”
Listen to the Conversation
- Aneesh Chopra – America’s First Chief Technology Officer, recounts how and why we need to pursue electronic health records to improve people’s care and lives. Tech expert, political leader and author Aneesh previews his bestselling business book “Innovative State: How New Technologies Can Transform Government.”
- Despite the impression that government is fragmented and contentious, Chopra maps out that this Senate-confirmed appointment is not a partisan effort when it comes to technology. However,
- Cybersecurity remains an “up at night issue” for the White House. When it comes to wearables and implantables, the industry may be moving faster than our protective systems are put in place. Chopra outlines how the FDA and other government agencies are dedicating tremendous resources to “get their arms around” best practices and hold the private sector accountable. Don’t worry – there is more transparency and accountability, and private-public partnership is mitigating risks.
- Chopra – Johns Hopkins and Harvard trained, with an incredible government career – explains why he has chosen to dedicate his energies to public service and address national public health priorities. He focuses on how collaboration around data information innovation moves the nation toward economic competitiveness.
- Fragmentation can be a curse or blessing. It can help us see pockets of innovation to prevent disease. But, there are challenges to “bottle-up” those operational best practices and skills. Chopra believes you “get what you pay for” and champions value-based care as a path to improve people’s care and outcome – to shift the system from fee-for-service to center around patient wellbeing.
About the Show
Join digital health advocate and author Gil Bashe, on Health Unabashed, as he discusses the power of collaboration and innovation in improving care across the health ecosystem. Sharing stories and insights from a global perspective, Gil looks at the companies and people who are making a difference and offers his opinions on how to connect the dots to transform the industry for good.
On the radio weekdays at 10:30 am, 6:30 pm, & 2:30 am ET.