10,000 Reasons to Start a Podcast
As an Internet radio station, HealthcareNOW Radio broadcasts programming 24/7, reaching over 20,000 listeners a month. We pattern ourselves after NPR — episodes of all 13 shows on the station air for a certain timeframe; then they are archived and made available on demand as a podcast on our SoundCloud channel.
In the last 18 months, we’ve passed a lot of milestones, as the live station has grown, thanks to smart speakers, plug-and-play cars and more. Internet radio is booming.
But we have also hit some big benchmarks with our podcast archives, including hitting 10,000 plays in February. In the charts below, you’ll see the comparison from this year to the same period last year. The growth in podcast listens has grown 10-fold.
FEBRUARY 2018 On Demand Plays
Podcast play across all industries is growing. But why? What are the factors driving the phenomenon?
I hope you’ll join me on April 25 at 2 pm ET on a webinar where I will walk you through the latest research on the trajectory of podcast listenership, the demographics of listeners, and how you can use podcasting to:
- Amplify thought leadership initiatives
- Increase company brand awareness
- Breakthrough the content “noise”
- Create evergreen content for gating and/or SEO value
- Expand multi-media efforts
- Provide content that is easily accessible (stream live, download podcast, socially share)