The Friday Five – HIMSS19 in Five
This time last week, along with over 45,000 other attendees, we were wrapping up our adventures at HIMSS19. The following were in attendance from our diverse team:
- Roberta Mullin (@mssoftware) – Managing Partner and Editor at Answers Media Company
- Carol Flagg (@carolflagg) – Partner in Answers Media Network
- Jim Tate (@jimtate) – Host of The Tate Chronicles
- Matt Fisher (@Matt_R_Fisher) – Host of Healthcare de Jure
- David Harlow, JD MPH (@healthblawg) – Healthcare Lawyer, Consultant, Speaker, Blogger and Host of Harlow on Healthcare
- Matt Ferrari – CTO at ClearDATA and Host of CTO Talk
- John Lynn (@techguy) – Founder of the HealthcareScene.com, Manager of HealthcareITCentral.com, Organizer of HealthITMarketingConference.com and EXPO.health, Advisor to multiple healthcare IT companies, and Co-host of Healthcare IT Today
- Colin Hung (@colin_hung) – Chief Marketing Officer and Editor at Healthcare Scene, #HIMSS19 Social Media Ambassador, Co-founder #HCLDR and Co-host of Healthcare IT Today
- Marianne O’Hare (@MAOHare) – Producer of Conversations on Health Care
- Fred Goldstein (@fsgoldstein) – President & Founder-Accountable Health, LLC, Co-host of PopHealth Week
- Gregg Masters (@2healthguru) – Founder & CEO at Health Innovation Media, Publisher of ACOwatch.com and Co-host of PopHealth Week
- Nick van Terheyden, MD aka Dr. Nick (@drnic1) – Host of The Incrementalist
- Justin Barnes (@HITAdvisor) – Corporate, Board and Public Policy Advisor, Chairman Emeritus of the HIMSS EHR Association, Co-Founder of the Health Innovation Think Tank and Host of This Just In
We learned a ton, interviewed and chatted with dozens of experts and thought leaders, made new connections and rekindled old ones, worked hard, celebrated, laughed and just generally made the most of our time there. This week’s Friday Five seeks to pull it all together to give you a glimpse into our week-long whirlwind at HIMSS19.
The People and Parties
The Sessions and Speakers
The Vendors and Exhibitors
HealthcareNOW Radio On the Air Live!
Our HIMSS19 Highlights
One of our favorite things to do at the annual HIMSS Conference is to catch up with different companies and organizations and hear what they have to say. This year we interviewed Presidents, VPs, CTOs, COOs, CEOs, CIOs and Executive Directors from over 40 different companies, several of whom we speak to each year and additionally some new interviewees as well. We discussed the latest happenings within their with their companies, how they’ve changed and grown, what’s on the horizon and found out what their expert opinions were on trending topics at HIMSS19. Click our playlist below to hear what they had to say.