Obstacles and Opportunities with Connecting Physicians and Patients through Smart Technology
A Conversation with Zachary Fink
Zach Fink, CEO and Co-Founder at VyTrac, a telehealth company. Zach started his career out as an EMT before using his emergency medical skills as a disaster relief worker. Deeply passionate about healthcare access, he founded VyTrac to use remote technology to bring medical services to underserved populations.
Listen to the Conversation
- Remote patient monitoring became part of the SOP of care during the height of the COVID epidemic – but in the shadow of the national quarantine, is an emphasis on connecting physicians and patients through smart technologies here to stay? Zachary Fink, co-founder and CEO of Vytrac offers an assessment of the obstacles and opportunities.
- Tracing his family background – his father a physician, mother a health IT executive, a sister a nurse and his background as an in-the-trenches EMT, Zack Fink reflects on how seeing the healthcare process from multiple points of patient care led him to realize that remote monitoring supports better outcomes.
- Remote patient monitoring isn’t a replacement for in-office care – it augments the commitments of the physician to address proactive healthcare and leads to better outcomes. Zack addresses how varying levels of technology – smartphones and simple and convenient tools –reduce chronic and non-communicable disease risks.
- Use of face recognition technology makes the complex simple – especially for people who find technology more challenging to navigate, whether due to language or anxiety around using newer technology. Zack and Gil review the options to make extended care more accessible for physicians and their patients.
- Zackary Fink outlines how Vytrac is championing the needs of physicians involved in primary care, participating in decentralized clinical trials, and the more pressing needs of people managing cancer care and rare disorders. Remote patient monitoring addresses clinical priorities and pressing needs of people with high-level care needs.
About the Show
Join digital health advocate and author Gil Bashe, on Health Unabashed, as he discusses the power of collaboration and innovation in improving care across the health ecosystem. Sharing stories and insights from a global perspective, Gil looks at the companies and people who are making a difference and offers his opinions on how to connect the dots to transform the industry for good.
On the radio weekdays at 10:30 am, 6:30 pm, & 2:30 am ET.