NYeC Digital Health Conference December 6-7
Follow and join the conversation with #DHC16.
Returning this December The New York eHealth Collaborative (@NYeHealth) brings you The 2016 Digital Health Conference. The conference gathers together a who’s who of New York’s healthcare and health tech community for two days of networking, intellectual conversation, and superb content, and informative sessions. The DHC will bring together 500 senior-level healthcare professionals to learn about cutting-edge innovations and foster dynamic conversation addressing how healthcare is being redefined through technology. From luminary keynotes to provocative fireside chats and TEDMED style presentations, the DHC features a diverse roster of thought-leading, incisive speakers from across the healthcare spectrum. Don’t miss out on New York’s premier health tech event. Explore the program and register today! Tweet This
As noted, the crème de la crème of New York’s healthcare and health tech community will be in attendance at this event. There will be a plethora of speakers from top universities, institutes, and organizations. Two things you won’t want to miss are the keynote addresses which will kick off each day’s program.
- Day 1 you will have the opportunity to hear Robert Wachter (@Bob_Wachter), MD Professor and Interim Chairman of the Department of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, where he also directs the Division of Hospital Medicine. Author of 250 articles and 6 books, Dr. Wachter coined the term “hospitalist” in 1996 and is generally considered the “father” of the hospitalist field, the fastest growing specialty in the history of modern medicine. His 2015 book, “The Digital Doctor: Hope, Hype and Harm at the Dawn of Medicine’s Computer Age,” was a New York Times science bestseller.
- Day 2 will start off with Steven Johnson (@stevenbjohnson), PBS Host and Bestselling Author of “How We Got To Now” and “Where Good Ideas Come From. Steven was chosen by Prospect magazine as one of the Top Ten Brains of the Digital Future, and The Wall Street Journal called him “one of the most persuasive advocates for the role of collaboration in innovation.” He unites a deep understanding of scientific progress with a sharp sensitivity to contemporary online trends. Together, those traits give him an unmatched insight into how ideas emerge and spread and how they affect the world today.
What to Expect
Each day the conference agenda is packed with sessions concerning various healthcare and healthcare technology topics. Some of the sessions focus on topics local to New York such as:
- Navigating Value-Based Care: Making it Work in New York
- Digital Health Initiatives and Implementation at New York-Presbyterian
- DSRIP 2017: Lessons Learned and Paving the Way for Success
- The State of The Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY)
Other sessions reach beyond state borders, some even as far as into the future. A few of these sessions include:
- Turning ‘Impossible’ on its Head: How Technology can Disrupt Healthcare,
- Making the Cancer Moonshot Initiative a Reality: Advancing Cancer Care Through Data Sharing (Read our original CMS post as well as our follow up posts)
- Increased Access to Clinical Trials, Navigating a Baby’s Heart: Resolving Complex Cases with 3D Printing
- The Patient Room of the Future – Designing for Baby Boomers and Millennials.
In addition to informative sessions, the conference will be abuzz with sponsors and exhibitors. The DHC brings together healthcare decision makers, including C-level hospital executives, health plans, healthcare providers, investors, public health officials, and innovators from both the public and private sectors. The opportunities to network and increase your visibility are extensive. If you are interested there is still time to sign on as a sponsor. Otherwise be sure to tour the exhibitor tables. make collections, and enjoy a few freebies.
When and Where
The conference promises a full two day event December 6th through the 7th and the action will take place at New World Stages (@newworldstages), a venue in the heart of the theater district, just off of Times Square. A variety of restaurants with diverse cuisines are within Worldwide Plaza and nearby in trendy Hell’s Kitchen. Three nearby hotels, Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, Ameritania Hotel, and Belvedere Hotel have room blocks for the Digital Health Conference for the nights of December 5th and 6th, 2016.
Once you are registered to attend the DHC, download the Bizzabo app to your smartphone, search for DHC2016 and click JOIN. Bizzbo will enhance your networking experience at the conference by allowing you to connect with fellow attendees, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors before, during and even after the event. Bizzbo helps you to discover business and networking opportunities in real-time at professional events. It also keeps all of your event information at your fingertips like the agenda, maps and addresses, event website, registration information, and a list of sponsors and all of their information.
About New York eHealth Collaborative
The New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health to improve healthcare for all New Yorkers through health information technology (health IT). Founded in 2006 by healthcare leaders, NYeC works to develop policies and standards, to assist healthcare providers in making the shift to electronic health records, and to coordinate the creation of the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network to connect healthcare providers statewide.