Innovations Supporting the Hospital to Home Transition
A Conversation with Robert Robinson, Vice President & General Manager, Honeywell Healthcare Solutions
LinkedIn: Robert Robinson
Robert Robinson is currently Vice President & General Manager of Honeywell’s Healthcare Solutions business within Honeywell Sensing and Safety Technologies. Prior to his current role, Robert served as Vice President and Chief Product Officer for Honeywell’s Advanced Sensing Technologies business, where he led strategy marketing and product management organizations. In previous roles, Robert served as General Manager and Director of Product Management for Honeywell’s Electronic Sensing business. Prior to joining Honeywell, Robert was a Global Product Manager at Sensata Technologies (formerly Texas Instrument Sensors & Controls business), where he managed Sensata’s Aerospace & Power Management business. Robert has extensive experience in the sensors industry, which spans over 18 years and across various industries; including automotive, industrial, aerospace and medical. Robert holds a mechanical engineering degree from Virginia Tech, a systems & engineering management degree from George Washington University and a master of business administration from the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Listen to the Conversation
- Sensing technology powers the shift from hospital to home by making devices smaller, more compact and more user-friendly for patients to employ remotely.
- These technologies allow for earlier detection of disease and earlier intervention, which can ultimately decrease hospitalizations.
- AI and machine learning can take patient care from data collection to decision making by weeding through vast amounts of data and bringing only what requires action to a physician’s attention.
- By automating manual processes and making clinicians more productive, we can address the critical issue of physician burnout.
- Hospital to home allows one doctor to care for a bigger pool of patients regardless of their physical location. This is critical as we will see a growing volume of patients requiring care over the next 20-30 years.
Senior Partner, Health Information Lead
LinkedIn: Beth Friedman
About the Show
FINN Voices amplifies the power of health innovation to improve people’s lives. Hosted by health experts from FINN Partners, each episode offers a peek behind the curtain of innovation with healthcare’s leading changemakers. We talk about their ideas and challenges along the way; continually shaping critical conversations and answering the most important questions in healthcare today. Follow the show’s hashtag #FINNvoices.
On the radio weekdays at 7am, 3pm, and 11pm ET.
Beth caught up with Robert at HIMSS this year. Hear what Honeywell has to offer health systems.