Day 12 – Drummers Drumming
We have come to the end of our 12 Days to Christmas Posts and as always we want to wish you and your family a happy holiday season and new year.
As we say goodbye, and in a lot of respects, good riddance to 2021, we’re a bit reflective as we close out the year. So we’ve compiled the 12 things in 2021 we’re most grateful for as we head into 2022.
Our health and those of our staff, families, and close friends is a given — we were, for the most part, COVID free and the few cases in our immediate circle were not serious. Our gratitude for our good health means more today than ever.
So our list below is for the business side of our lives, the things that made us grateful for Healthcare NOW Radio, and the special place we’ve carved out in the industry.
Drum roll, please!
1. We’re grateful for the 430,000 U.S. listeners and the 65,000 others across the globe that tuned in to our station. Our station streams content 24/7 and if you haven’t checked it out, you can learn all the ways to tune in here.
2. We’re grateful for the 600,000 plays of the podcasts in our network this year, up from 280,000 the previous year. This is no small thing, and especially for some of the terrific shows that we syndicate who struggled to find an audience on their own and found one on our channel.
3. We’re grateful for the technology that has created a boom in audio content. Smartphones, smart speakers, and plug-n-play cars have made it easier than ever to stream our radio station and play the podcasts on our network. As just one example, ask Alexa “Play Healthcare NOW Radio”.
4. We’re grateful for the people who chose to follow us on social media and share the content we published. The tweets, the likes, the shares — all contributed to spreading the word.
5. We’re grateful to the people who signed up for our newsletter. It was incredibly rewarding to see the click-throughs to our radio content (both streaming and podcast) and get emails telling us how great the shows are or wanting to get involved.
6. We’re grateful to all of the PR agencies who pitched some truly extraordinary guests this year. You helped our hosts, and us, keep the content fresh, insightful, and thought-provoking.
7. We’re particularly grateful to three agencies who not only pitched guests but recommended their clients interested in starting or syndicating shows to us. A big shout-out goes to Anderson Interactive, Amendola Communications, and Agency Ten22 (now part of FINN). You truly understand the value of thought leadership in the form of a radio show or podcast.
8. We’re grateful to the radio show hosts who keep our live streaming station going. Producing and airing sixteen radio shows is no small feat — and without the continual contribution of terrific content, our station would not have flourished. You keep the audio wheels in motion!
9. We are particularly grateful to the hosts who took a chance on us early on when our Healthcare NOW Radio journey started in 2012. A shout out of thanks to Justin Barnes, David Harlow, Nick van Terheyden, Jim Tate, Matt Fisher, Gregg Masters, and Fred Goldstein.
10. We’re grateful for the syndicated podcast shows on our channel and for the diversification of content you provide. While staying true to providing B2B content for the industry, most of the shows we added this year we’re not specific to health IT. These shows showed us that we could attract an audience across a wide variety of topics and areas. Yeah!
11. We’re grateful to our staff who work so hard to edit recordings, write articles, produce social media content and so, so, so much more. We really couldn’t have done it without you.
12. And finally, we’re grateful for the role Healthcare NOW Radio plays in delivering incredible conversations week in and week out to the industry. The hosts, the guests, our staff, our listeners, our followers, our readers — YOU made it happen. We can’t wait to see what 2022 brings so be sure to tune in!