Applying Digital and Leadership Principles from Disney and AMEX
A Conversation with Tony Ambrozie
Tony Ambrozie is Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Officer for Baptist Health South Florida, the largest not-for-profit healthcare organization in South Florida. He is responsible for all technologies and customer experience as well as clinical digital and data transformation efforts. Before joining Baptist Health, Mr. Ambrozie served as Senior Vice President, Technology and Digital at The Walt Disney Company. In this role, he was responsible for a number of digital and core systems and technologies, engineering, data analytics and machine learning for Disney Parks, Consumer Products, Games and Publishing. Prior to joining Disney in 2013, Mr. Ambrozie was Vice President for Digital Platform Technologies at American Express, where he was responsible for platform engineering, shared services development and application security, with previous roles focused on application architecture, development, engineering and performance. He is a proven leader in the technology and digital space with a keen focus on using technology and data to enhance the consumer experience. Mr. Ambrozie also holds a dual MBA and Master’s Degree in Information Management from the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University.
Listen to the Conversation
- Proven technologist and digital health leader, Tony Ambrozie explains why he believes having access to care is care, and how this consideration for consumer access impacts every decision his team makes to ensure the patient remains at the center of their care while outside the four walls of the hospital.
- Thirteen leadership principles and behaviors Mr. Ambrozie has distilled from his career working under world-class leaders such as Bob Iger at The Walt Disney Company and Ken Chennault at American Express.
- Learn about the precise metrics Mr. Ambrozie uses to determine the holistic consumer experience–above and beyond consumer Net Promoter Score (NPS)–with digital technologies at Baptist Health.
- Mr. Ambrozie shares his insights about the healthcare consumer’s state-of-mind compared to consumers in other industries and how it impacts the design of their digital programs.
- Practical advice for Digital Leaders on how to foster a culture of innovation that inspires a team to rally behind a shared vision and strategy.
For nearly a decade, Alan Sardana has combined a unique blend of curiosity and community-advocacy to uncover and disseminate best practices in healthcare innovation. He is an award-winning filmmaker, science advocate and startup enthusiast, having played an instrumental role in supporting multiple startups advance from seed financing through multiple funding rounds.
Alan is currently the Marketing Lead at SeamlessMD—the leading Digital Patient Engagement platform for health systems to engage, monitor and stay connected with patients across healthcare journeys. In his role, Alan is responsible for developing and advancing SeamlessMD’s positioning and partnerships.
Dr. Joshua Liu, Co-founder & CEO, SeamlessMD
Dr. Joshua Liu is a physician turned entrepreneur. He is currently the co-founder/CEO of SeamlessMD, which provides the leading Digital Patient Engagement platform for health systems to engage, monitor and stay connected with patients across healthcare journeys.
Joshua graduated as a medical doctor from the University of Toronto. During his medical training, he co-led a research project at UHN on hospital readmissions and sat on UHN’s physician advisory group for post-hospital discharge follow up. As a result, Joshua was inspired to develop technology to better support patients and prevent adverse outcomes such as a readmission – which ultimately led to him co-founding SeamlessMD.
About the Show
Rated one of the top 30 Best Digital Health Podcasts by FeedSpot, The Digital Patient takes an “edu-taining” approach to all things digital patient care. On this show hosts Dr. Joshua Liu, and Alan Sardana talk with healthcare, technology, and innovation leaders about the latest advancements in digital health, trends in digital transformation, and strategies for optimizing the patient experience. Guests include Dr. Becket Mahnke, CMIO, Confluence Health, Dr. Denise Basow, Chief Digital Officer, Ochsner, Dr. Michael Radtke, CMIO, Intermountain Health, Duska Kennedy, Chief Digital Officer, North York General Hospital, Dr. David Putrino, Director of Rehabilitation Innovation, The Mount Sinai Health System, Dr. Jay B. Shah, Chief of Staff, Stanford Health Care, and many more.