A Disney-Type Health Journey
A Conversation with Tony Ambrozie of Baptist Health South Florida
Tony Ambrozie, Senior VP and Chief Digital and Information Officer, Baptist Health South Florida
Tony Ambrozie shares how he represents consumers’ digital needs in their personal health journeys. Clinicians are heroes for the most important part of a patient’s journey – providing their care – but it isn’t the only part of the journey.
Learn how Tony employs lessons he learned from his time at The Walt Disney Company, why communications preferences are considered table stakes, and how empathy for the operations team goes a long way.
Listen to the Conversation
- Even with various aspects that define a career, the focus should be on helping people.
- A patient should be able to show up to a medical facility and easily understand the care center, instead of facing a complex, confusing system. The point should be to receive care, not to sign forms and face unrelated difficulties.
- The entire patient’s experience is important. If someone has a miserable experience coming into a clinic, it doesn’t matter if they see a great doctor.
- A Disney-type healthcare journey would feature a maniacal focus on consumers. Nothing would be overlooked or left to chance.
- When switching careers or even industries, patience and perseverance are key.
With over 20 years of leading high-impact marketing and strategy projects, Jeff brings a breadth of experience that comes from working across many industries, as marketing practitioner, management consultant and political strategist. Jeff has worked in extensively in the healthcare industry, including payers, providers, pharmaceuticals and health care service provider organizations. Additionally, Jeff has worked in food, beverage, agriculture, pet care, for-profit education, energy and in several industrial settings.
Paul is a partner in Prophet’s Chicago office, developing and implementing marketing, brand and customer experience strategies that are rooted in deep consumer insights and analytics. He is also a leader in Prophet’s healthcare practice, working with providers, payers and pharmaceutical companies. His healthcare expertise includes work for clients like Abbott, the American Medical Association, Anthem, Becton Dickinson and IBM Watson Health.
Priya Aneja, Associate Partner, Prophet
Priya is a co-leader of Prophet’s Healthcare Vertical and has over 10 years of professional services experience across investment banking and strategy consulting, with an exclusive focus on healthcare. Priya’s expertise spans healthcare sectors, including pharma, providers, and payers. Her work is multi-disciplinary, including brand-driven growth strategy, content & communications strategy, segmentation & opportunity assessment, business case development, culture transformation, and customer experience.
About the Show
This show is where healthcare leaders who are driving change in their organizations, as well as today’s healthcare experience, share their stories. On this podcast, you’ll hear from industry-leading healthcare professionals about their personal transformation journeys and what organizations can do to create the next wave of growth today and in the future.