2017 Pitch Perfect Contest
In just two days business executives, investors and startups will converge in Minneapolis, MN for the inaugural MedCity INVEST Twin Cities Conference, a satellite event to Chicago’s MedCity INVEST. The event will unite active investors with corporate business development executives to facilitate investment opportunities with the most promising healthcare startups from the Digital Health sector. The fun starts the evening before the conference at the Treehouse Health Opening Reception which will feature speakers and breakout networking sessions. The event day agenda is packed with industry speakers, a fireside chat, panel discussion and finally, the big event, the 2017 Pitch Perfect Contest followed by a networking reception and announcement of the contest winners.
About the Pitch Perfect Contest
Ten of the most promising digital health startups, pre-selected by a panel of venture capitalists, will take part in the October 12 event. These early stage companies will pitch LIVE to three judges and investors. Each startup will have four minutes to present, after which the judges will have four minutes to pepper them with questions about their strategy and business plans.
In July Medcity began accepting applications for the Pitch Perfect Contest. Medcity required that companies interested in applying had at least one seed round of funding which could be a friends-and-family round. In addition the applicants needed to be seeking or intending to seek additional rounds of capital within six to 12 months of the conference. The following ten startups applied, were chosen and will present in the order listed.
- Carrot Health, Inc. – Carrot Health’s MarketView software platform delivers Healthcare Business Intelligence to health systems and payers.
- Flywheel Exchange LLC – Flywheel provides a platform for cloud-scale collaborative science addressing the pharma, biotech, and academic research markets.
- Geneticure – Geneticure is a pharmacogentic testing company dedicated to achieving the promise of personalized medicine.
- Toggle Health – Toggle Health is a healthcare technology company that delivers a breakthrough surgical user experience in the operating room.
- HighFive Health – HighFive Health offers cloud-based software for medication management for providers and payers.
- Hitch Health – Hitch Health automates communications between EHRs, patients and rideshare companies, automatically sending SMS text ride offers to patients with upcoming medical appointments.
- Orderly Health – Orderly is an automated concierge to navigate healthcare powered by AI.
- MyMeds, Inc – MyMeds is a digital adherence company whose interactive Digital + Human platform connects patients to their team, so they are never alone.
- Perk Health – Perk Health offers a healthy habit building app for companies to help employees adopt healthier habits.
- Prenosis – Prenosis delivers true precision medicine for acute care facilities by utilizing a powerful predictive analytics system that predicts the risk of infection related adverse events for individual patients in real time.
Meet the healthcare startups taking part in the inaugural MedCity INVEST Twin Cities conference : https://t.co/aw49pciExV #healthnews
— Jon Angelo (@healthcarejon) September 29, 2017
- Andrew Danielsen is the Vice Chair of Mayo Clinic Ventures and has been with MCV since 2002. He oversees the licensing, technology development, and business development functions of MCV. Collectively, these groups work to identify, develop, and commercialize Mayo Clinic intellectual property.
- Jodi Hubler is the Managing Director of Lemhi Ventures, a health care services venture capital fund with $335M under management. For over a decade, Lemhi has invested in companies that transform and disrupt health care.
- Taha Jangda is a partner at HealthX Ventures. Medical school drop-out turned venture capitalist, Taha invests in fast-growing digital health-based companies to drive profound impact in healthcare. In addition to focusing on strategic investments, he also advises various innovation communities across the country.